Adobe Creative Cloud for Students: 2014 60% Off Deal
Adobe's Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition Discount
In my recent meanderings out on the interweb, i came across this, somewhat obscure, deal from Adobe for their Creative Cloud student edition. Unfortunately, I can't take advantage of it, but thought it was worth sharing especially because it seems kind of hidden.
You can visit this page at Adobe to see the details for this limited-time offer on Creative Cloud membership.
Here's a Quick Run down of the Creative Cloud Student Discount:
- If you are a student or a teacher, you can get 60% off of the standard CC License IF you prepay for the year. The cost is under $240 ($19.99/mo) for the first year.
- Standard student pricing is 29.99/mo
- If you've been on the fence about joining the cloud, you might want to head over to Adobe to view the details.
- FYI Adobe CC Complete costs $49.99/mo or $599.88/yr, so the student and teacher discount is quite considerable.
There are eligibilitiy requirements. You can views those requirements and the 60% offer deal at Adobe. The offer is located about 1/2 down the page.
Quite honestly, i haven't quite decided if i'm ready to commit to the creative cloud version. I'm running CS4 right now and am trying to decide between Adobe CS6 and Adobe Creative Cloud.
Some Pros and Cons of Adobe CC
- Creative Cloud offers automatic software updates
- No waiting or additional cost for ugrading
- You get access to ALL of the programs rather than having to buy bundles only to find out you need another program and have to pay for that as well
- workspace that syncs between your devices
- 20 gigs of online storage
- access to Behance design showcase network (which adobe now owns)
- You no longer own the software outright you are basically renting it
- It ends ups being more expensive in the long run (i've been running Adobe CS4 for a few years now, so have not had any additional cost for design software)
- The Adobe Creative suite will no longer be updated - eventually all wil be forced to use Adobe Creative Cloud.
Adobe Cloud Student comes with the following standard programs:
- Adobe Photoshop CC: Image editing and compositing software
- Adobe Illustrator CC: Industry-standard vector graphics software
- Adobe InDesign CC: Professional page layout software
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Visual development tool used by web designers
- Adobe After Effects CC: Animation and creative compositing software
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC: Nonlinear video editor
- Adobe Muse CC: HTML website design and publishing, without writing code
- Adobe Edge Tools & Services — For web designers and developers for mobile-ready content and apps
It also comes with these cool tools:
So...is Adobe Creative Cloud Student for you?
If you are not ready to leap into the Creative Cloud, you can still get a pretty good deal on CS6 Student. Adobe offers CS6 Extended for around $350. Visit Adobe to see what they have to offer.